Tuesday, February 06, 2007

the days go by...

wow this thing is...dead.

But, I actually have something amber and becca related to post about!

WE hung out on Saturday! For the first time in a while. Okay, so maybe the day wasn't so much hanging out as much as running around trying to get her dress altered, but still!

I'm going to go ahead and recount the entire day to you.

I woke up at 8:30am and leisurely took a shower and got ready to leave. I realized I needed to do a few things. a.) go to the bank, b.) put gas in my car, c.) run to the store
So I called amber at 11 and told her I'd be in Renton around 12:30.

She laughed because I was originally going to call her around 10 or 10:30, I think. I don't remember what I said, I thought it was more of a "when I leave", and I decided not to call untill I left the store, since I wouldn't really be on the road until then anyway. Oh well. Apparently I'm always late to see her, but I don't think that's true. I just off-handedly say when I THINK I might be showing up, and then it's usually a little later, because I'm not planning on getting there at the time I originally sort of thought of. But she thinks assumes thats when I'm going to come, which I guess I can't blame her for. :P "A wizard is never late, frodo baggins, he always arrives precisely when he intends to."

Okay, so then we met at my parents house and drove up to get some chow mein. We usually park in this one section of the parking lot, but it was full, so we went and parked somewhere else. Just as we pulled in, my dad (quite randomly) pulled in a few spaces down from us. We got out and stood next to his car and stared at him until he realized we were there. I think he was listening to the radio or getting his checkbook out or something. That was kind of funny, then he walked in with us, but went to the bank.

Amber and I, however, had our fill of chow mein. I think it was the greasiest, saltiest thing I've consumed in a while. It was pretty good, but I felt a little sick after I ate it.

SO, we went and got her dress, then we went to her Oma's house, and decided it was goign to be very difficult to taylor ourselves. Her Oma gave us 50 bucks to go get it altered at Davids bridal (woo!).

We went to buy shoes, then went to southcenter to Davids bridal (that is, after an hour interlude at my parents house to waste time before our appointment.)
We went and got the dress altered, and it was pretty amazing, because 1.) the dress looked GREAT when it was all pinned up, and 2.) we somehow managed to talk the seamstress down to half the price, so we only had to pay like 12 dollars out of our own pockets.

Then I had to go home. I was a little disappointed, because I wanted to spend more time just hanging out, but I had to finish up invitations and clean the church a little bit.


In other news...

the wedding is like...6 weeks and 5 days away! That is so insane to me (haha I am so excited)! And what's left to do? Pretty much just pick a cake, get tuxes, pick out decorations and flowers, aaaand...plan the menu.
And ask people to help me. haha. I really need to do that, cause I'm gonna die if I don't.

We also got an apartment yesterday - yay! but it might not be available until the 31st of March. We're hoping something comes up earlier than that, but I guess we'll just extend our honeymoon if not...or something. But at least we will for sure have a place to live that we can afford.

I'm still looking for a new job too. Mora is not going to work out for much longer. I mean, nothing to do with the job itself - I love my job (okay, I complain about it being boring, but really, most of the time, I enjoy it, I'm just kind of tired of selling ice cream to people. I want to do something to help people. Sometimes I wonder if I should've studied to become a nurse.) and my employers are awesome people to work for, and I like my co-workers too, but it's just too far away.

Life is really good. It's changed a lot over the past year, and it's going to change a lot more, but I'm looking forward to it, and am excited about everything.

You know what the biggest thing I miss is though? I miss all my girls. I miss amber and debbi and I miss quiz practice a lot! I miss coaching my girls, and I miss doing CEF clubs with everyone too. And I miss hanging out with Kaitie and sharing a room with her. And Matt. And even Josh and Mason. haha. Of course I miss you guys!

Somehow I am amazingly blessed though. All these things have just fallen into place, and I haven't had to worry about a thing, really. That doesn't mean I haven't worried about them, but I really didn't need to. So I'm trying not to worry about anything else.

BYE!
becca

3 comments:

Kaits said...

You owe us ice cream.

We're housing with you this weekend. All the girls are happy and excited. :)

becconing amberlance said...

I know I'm housing with you, debbi asked me if I would like three weeks ago. :P

Sir Brian The Manly said...

Summon a necromancer. =O