Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Most likely, I should be in bed sleeping right now. But I'm not! Why? I guess I'm being irresponsible. Which you wouldn't think i would be about sleeping, because this morning I did NOT want to get up. So I slept in and didn't take a shower.

Anyway. I left work early today to go meet Jeremy so we could apply for our marriage license. That was eeaasy. Then on our way home, we ran out of gas.

okay. I have neeeeveeer run out of gas before in my car. Ever. Before I moved over here, I was always very good about putting gas in my car. But, now I have to drive a lot farther to get to gas. So I don't do it as much, and I just put a few bucks in here and there at the closer more expensive stations, until I can get to a cheaper station to fil up my car.

So here's another thing. My gas indicater fluctuates a lot. I count the miles and it's different from quarter tank to quarter tank. I don't think that's really supposed to happen. So, I didn't believe that it was really empty. I thought I had farther. I think I kind of forgot to take into account that I had driven to work and back, but I figured I had plenty of gas to get to the courthouse and back to a gas station. I almost did.

I ran out of gas, so we took the exit we were by, knowing that there was a gas station - we just couldn't remember how far. Luckily, it was mostly downhill. We coasted and coasted and finally I was completely out of gas and...there was a stop sign. I stopped and pulled over to the side of the road. We're trying to decide where we are and what we should do when we look the right and Jeremy goes, "hey, that's the house we bought the car from." THe mechanic we bought it from was out in his yard too. grinning we asked him if we could borrow a gas tank so we coul dwalk to the gas station right around the corner. He let us have some gas so we could get to the corner, and we laughed on the way home.

We also went to try out mattresses. I can't believe how expensive they are. Some of them are more than I paid for my car. Crazy.

I'm going to bed now. I need to be good and healthy 'cuz I'm getting married 12 days. Yikes!

-becca

No comments: