Saturday, April 21, 2007

Today, I had an absolutely wonderful day. Wow. Those of you who have been close to me in the last two months know how amazing that is!

First of all, at work we haven't had any books to list, so I basically worked Monday this week, and then no other days. Now, running out of books is bad for the company so I hope we have a lot next week, but it's nice to have a long break. And I get paid during this time. Woohoo!

So today was sunny. I finished up some computer projects - I organized all my music, which has been an ongoing process for the last few months. I took some stuff off my computer that was taking up space and slowing things down. I finished one book and started another.

Then I went to my cousin's new house for lunch with some aunts and cousins. I lounged around and dozed on the couch with my cousin for most of the afternoon and looked out the sunny window.

Then I went home, went on a walk and called my mom and had a very pleasant chat with her, which was ended with her saying "Oh, your dad just got home. Oh! He has flowers! Yellow roses! A dozen! Um...I'm going to go give him a kiss! Okay bye!" She loves yellow. Anyway, that was a really happy way for a conversation to end.

After that, I called my good friends in Portland, my "other family", and on a whim I asked if I could live there next school year. They said "yes" without hesitation. So I have a place to live! Oh my goodness! I can't believe I asked them, and I can't believe they said yes, and I can't believe I have a place to stay! And I don't have to worry about it! Really, that was the number one hassle I didn't want to deal with - finding a place to stay. And now it's taken care of!

And now the sweet icing on the cake: There's this stray cat that's hung around my aunt's house for the last year. My aunt's cat hates him, so we've always shoo'd him away to discourage him. He was hanging around the house as I returned from my walk, just looking at me and meowing. I tried to ignore him and walk back to the house, but he kept walking right in front of me, but when I bent down to pet him, he shied away. So I just stood there, and he started rubbing against my legs, and after a few minutes he let me pet him. He has this HUGE clump of matted fur on one side of his neck, and his paw is hurt, and he's just really matted and dirty, but he's soooo lovable! After petting him for a while, I finally went inside and told my aunt, and she was shocked - she said he'd never let her pet him before!

She came outside to see. I sat down on the driveway, and this cat climbed right into my lap and curled up! He kept nudging my hand to pet him, and purring.

We gave him some cat food and he ate a bowl full. He was so hungry!

I looove kitties, but Lucy (my aunt's cat) isn't very cuddly. Oh, Lucy hates this cat, by the way. She watched from the window while we loved on this cat, and her eyes just spewed fire. I came inside and she wouldn't even look at me, and when I tried to pet her she gave this long, mournful sound. It's kind of funny, actually. But Lucy was once a stray too, they found her on the street.

This cat survived the whole winter homeless! And maybe longer!

His name is Gil. I'm actually not sure if it's a boy; I can't tell with cats. If he keeps coming around, I might take him to the vet and get some shots and treat him for any fleas he might have. My aunt said I might bring him inside sometimes if I take him to the vet first, so I'm going to wait and see if he keeps coming around before I invest my money.

Anyway, it was a wonderful day, which was Friday, and I'm posting this now (Saturday) because I had some difficulties with blogger.

3 comments:

Sir Brian The Manly said...

I don't know if I'd want to pet a stray cat. Who knows where it's been and who knows what it's eaten. =P

Sir Brian The Manly said...

I take it back. There's a stray kitty that sometimes lives under our cars and tonight it was sitting in our driveway and I thought, "I would totally pet that cat if it walked up to me right now."


...but it didn't.

Joshua said...

Happy day after your birthday!